Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Tomato Soup

So I tried a new recipe yesterday and I fell in love with it! :)
Its for Hearty Tomato Soup:
I don't have the recipe in front of me, so I'll give the memory a shot at this one:
So I halfed the recipe, so I'll try to give you the recipe as I made it and if you want more then you can double it or whatever.



1/4 cup finely chopped onion
1 clove of garlic finely chopped (I used 1/2 tsp minced garlic)
1 TBS butter

*In a medium saucepan melt butter and then fry onion and garlic until onion is tender (the recipe book said about 2 minutes). Remove from heat. The recipe actually called for 1 clove of garlic for the full recipe, but I used the full clove (because 1/2 tsp minced equals one clove) for the half recipe and thought it was perfect!

1/4 tsp Paprika
1/4 tsp Dried Basil (you can use regular basil if you want, but it would be 3/4 tsp)
3 ounces cream cheese (softened)

*Add to the onion/garlic mixture and stir until smooth.

3/4 milk
1 Can Tomato Soup (the normal size - 10 3/4 ounces I believe)

*Slowly stir in milk and tomato soup. Use hand beater or whisk to beat until cheese is melted and soup is smooth.

1 Can Whole Tomatos, undrained (I used diced tomatos because that's what I had)

*Add tomatos. Heat over medium heat until soup is hot all the way through.

ENJOY!!!

2 comments:

  1. Just so you know, I went home and double-checked the recipe and it is accurate as written...go memory!!! :)

    ReplyDelete