There is a lady from my mission, her name is Vanessa SinClair. She prides herself in cooking a different dish for the missionaries every time they come over. Well, the sisters that were there before me ended up being randomly invited 2 or 3 times when this dish was being served....so she never made it for me when I was there because my companion had been there each time and she refused to serve it again to her. But she did give me the recipe before I left the area.
Here goes the recipe:
4 Chicken Breasts
2 teaspoons Paprika
1 teaspoon Cracked Black Pepper
250-300g Cream Cheese
1/3 Cup Parmesan Cheese
1 Cup Water
1 Chicken Stock Cube
1 TBSP chopped fresh Basil (1/2 if dried)
1 TBSP chopped fresh Parsley (1/2 if dried)
1 TBSP chopped fresh Mint (1/2 if dried)
Olive Oil
Spaghetti
-Combine chicken, paprika, and peppercorns in bowl and stand for about 20 minutes.
-Blend or process the cheeses, water, stock cube, and herbs until smooth
-Put chicken mixture in large pan/wok with a splash of olive oil and cook til browned.
-Add cheese mixture, bring to the boil and then simmer for 5 minutes.
-Add spaghetti to a pan of boiling water and boil until just tender.
-Serve.
Changes I've made to the recipe:
* I have found that using the entire TBSP of mint is....well, surprising. I think its a great idea if you are on a date and want a dish that gives you fresh breath. Otherwise, I suggest using maybe a teaspoon of mint rather than a tablespoon.
*250-300 grams of cream cheese equals about an 8oz container. I have found that using only 8oz of cream cheese leaves the sauce really runny, so I doubled the cream cheese and it was much better I think. If you don't want to use 16oz, try 12oz and see if that works for you. Its kind of an experiment in progress for me.
*Also, the recipe doesn't note it, but I would suggest cutting the chicken into cubes rather than leaving it whole. This will make for easier serving and serving more than 4 people if necessary. I let the chicken sit in the spices for 20 minutes one of the times that I made this dish and then the other times I've made it I just threw the chicken straight into the pan and fried it up with the paprika and pepper and it was the same to me, so I don't really think its necessary to wait 20 minutes before starting the meal.
Hmmm, sounds interesting! I might just try this sometime! =)
ReplyDelete