Ingredients
1 Cup Frozen Mixed Berries
1/2 Cup unsweetened Pomegranate Juice
1/2 Cup Water
1/2 TBSP Chia Seeds
Directions
Place all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
Ok, so I followed this recipe pretty precisely, except after I blended it I let it sit for about 90 minutes in order to let the Chia Seeds soak up the juices so they became softer and more gel-like rather than adding to the amount of small annoying seeds in the smoothie. I wasn't sure how I'd like this because sometimes Pomegranate Juice is a little tart and overpowering, but it really is my new favorite!
Benefits of Chia Seeds (in case you haven't used them before or heard of them): they are an excellent source of plant-based protein, they have anti-inflammatory omega 3's, and loaded in antioxidants. This smoothie has 223 calories, is high in Vitamin C, and has 10.2 Grams of Fiber.
No comments:
Post a Comment