Friday, April 12, 2013

Sherri's Cheese Ball

So over the Christmas Break I decided to make some treats for the Cinemark employees who had to work with me on Christmas Eve.  I tried this Cheese Ball (found in the LDS World Cookbook that my Grandma gave me for Christmas a few years back) and it was a hit!  It was perfectly savory and delicious!

Ingredients
1 8-oz Package of Cream Cheese
1/2 Cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
1/2 Cup Colby cheese, shredded
1 TBSP Taco Seasoning
1 TBSP Salsa
1/2 tsp Hot Pepper Sauce (such as Tabasco)

Directions
In a large bowl, soften cream cheese.  Add remaining ingredients and mix well.  Form into a ball, put in a smaller bowl, and refridgerate until ready to serve.  Serve with crackers.  Makes 10 servings.

So for the cheese I got an 8-oz (1 Cup) package of Monterey & Colby Cheese (both already mixed together in the same bag) and put the whole thing in the bowl.  I also rolled the ball in sliced almonds to give it a pretty presentation.  Enjoy! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment